I’m doing research on traffic assignment modeling for mixed traffic systems containing 2-wheel vehicles and 4-wheel vehicles traveling together without any dedicated lanes for each kind of vehicles. Sub-problems related to my works:
- Transportation optimization
- Routing problems, e.g., k shortest paths, dissimilar shortest paths, multi-objective shortest paths, etc.
- Traffic assignment modeling, e. g. User Equilibrium model, etc.
- Traffic simulation. I did some traffic simulations on VISSIM for mixed traffic system in Hanoi, Vietnam.
I have been developing a software for traffic assignment modeling (including graph editor and dynamic routing) named TranOpt Plus, see Manual for TranOpt Plus. The software can do traffic assignment modeling for mixed traffic systems with a new User Equilibrium model. At this time, I’m looking for companies or people interested in TranOpt Plus software. If you are interested in it, please contact me via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education and Working experience
- 05.2016-present: Software Engineer at B&L OCR System GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
- 09. 2011 – 04.2016: PhD at Institute of Computer Science, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 02. 2011 – 08.2011: Internship at MedAid Company, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 08.2006 – 07.2011: Degree of Engineering, School of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 09. 2003 – 05. 2006: Lam Son gifted high school, Thanh Hoa, Vietnam.
- 05.09.1988: Born in Thanh Hoa, Vietnam.
Awards and Scholarships
- HGS stipend program for 3 years, 11/2012-11/2015,
- Erasmus Mundus Mobility with Asia (EMMA) scholarship, Sep. 2011 to July. 2012, University of Heidelberg
- First prize in the “National Student’s Scientific Research Competition” 2009, Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam.
- First Prize in the “Student’s Scientific Research Contest”, 2009, Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
- Consolation prize in the “National Mathematics Contest for Excellent High School Students”, 2005, Vietnam.
- Solving assignment and routing problems in mixed traffic system, PhD dissertation, Heidelberg University, Germany.
- Outer approximation algorithm of Benson – an implementation, Final thesis for University Study, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST), Hanoi Vietnam, 2011.
- Phan Trung Huy, Vu Phuong Bac, Nguyen Manh Thang, Truong Duc Manh, Vu Tien Duc, Nguyen Tuan Nam, A new CPT extension scheme for a high data embedding ratio in binary images, The Proceedings of the 1st KSE. Inter. Conf. Hanoi, 10/2009. pp. 61-66. (Published by 978-0-7695-3846-4/09 IEEE, DOI. 10.1109/KSE. 2009.29 – IEEE Computer Society.)
Conferences and Workshops
-  7th HGS Annual Colloquium, Speyer, Germany, 29-30 November 2015. (participant).
-  A Heuristic Eppstein-based Method for K Shortest Loopless Paths Problem, 38th Südwest-Workshop Operations Research, Frankfurt am Main, 23 Oktober, 2015.
-  Routing in Traffic Assignment Modeling, Workshop on Traffic Optimization, (organizer and speaker), University of Heidelberg,Germany, 8 October 2015.
-  On Finding Alternative Paths in Traffic Assignment Modeling, 4th Symposium of the German SIAM Student Chapters, Trier, Germany, 26-28 August 2015.
-  Traffic Assignment Modeling in Mixed Traffic Systems, Workshop on Complex Systems-Modeling, Analysis and Control (organizer and speaker), School of Applied Mathematics & Informatics, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam, 23-24 March 2015.
-  On Travel Time Function on Mixed Traffic System, 6th International Conference on High-Performance Scientific Computing, Hanoi, Vietnam, 16-20 March 2015.
-  Mixed traffic optimization (talk+poster), 6th HGS Annual Colloquium, Speyer, Germany, 24-25 November 2014.
-  Mixed Traffic Optimization in Developing Countries, Future Research in Combinatorial Optimization FRICO, Universität Magdeburg, Germany, 30 July-02 August 2014.
-  5th HGS Annual Colloquium, Speyer, Germany, 26-27 November 2013.
-  Overview of Mixed Traffic Modeling in Developing Countries, HGS MathComp Fellows Seminar, IWR, University of Heidelberg,Heidelberg, Germany, 24 July 2013.
-  90th Meeting of the GOR Working Group entitled Mathematical Optimization in Traffic,(participant), PTV AG, Karlsruhe, Germany, 11-12 April 2013.
-  4th HGS Annual Colloquium (participant), Erbach, Germany, 20-21 November 2012.
-  Doing traffic assignment in Vietnam, 4th Seminar about urban traffic in Hanoi, Center for Information Infrastructure Development (CCID) of Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Hanoi, Vietnam, 25 July 2012.
-  7th National conference on Optimization and Computing Science, (participant), Ba Vi, Vietnam, 22- 25 April 2009.
-  Undergraduate Summer School 2008 for excellent students of all universities in Vietnam, Institute of Mathematics Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam, July 2008.
-  Undergraduate Summer School 2007 for excellent students of all universities in Vietnam, Institute of Mathematics Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam, July 2007.
- Mixed Traffic Optimization in Developing Countries, Institut für Land- und Seeverkehr (ILS), TU Berlin, October 2014, (invited talk).
- Vice President of Vietnamese Student Association in Germany, 09.2012 – 09.2014
- Co-founder of Vietnamese Student Association in Germany (Hội sinh viên Việt Nam tại Đức), 09. 2012.